COVID-19 Related Updates and Information: Hours & What We're Doing
During this crisis, we are keeping up to date and following CDC guidelines to protect our family of patients as well as our office family. After much consideration to safety and the need to provide an essential service, we have re-opened our office beginning Friday, May 15th under normal operating hours.
We have taken a number of steps in this regard:
- Establish greater efficiencies to avoid excessive exposure (minimize paperwork, collect info by phone prior to visit, avoid redundant test, etc). We ask that everyone complete documentation in advance of coming in.
- An easy to fill form is set up on our site. When you arrive, our front desk staff will text you to enter the premises.
- Facemasks are *required *of patients. Our team will also be wearing face masks for your safety.
- If you are picking up eyeglasses and contact lenses, we ask that you come to ur parking lot and text us - and one of our friendly team members will bring it out.
- When you arrive, you will be asked to sanitize and wash your hands. Your temperature will also be taken with a no-contact infrared thermometer.
- Visible signage to make patients aware of appropriate social distancing strategies, such as the maintenance of 6 feet spacing between persons.
- Reduce the number of seats in the waiting area.
- Removing candy/coffee and other beverages from our reception area.
- The waiting area would be reserved for low-risk patients. Keep a few seats available in a less trafficked area for elderly and immunocompromised patients to bypass the waiting area. However, we ask that you kindly remain in your car until your appointment time.
- Reduce the number of personnel by cross-training, and spacing the diagnostic devices and computer monitors.
- Body temperature of personnel and the checking for symptoms related to infection to be assessed every day.
- To the best of the clinic’s abilities, patients will be brought directly into exam or procedural rooms that are as highly spaced as possible, and properly sanitized between patients.
- The clinical environment, including instruments such as occluders, prisms, trial frames, trial lenses, and goniolens would be disinfected properly based on the official recommendations.
- A disposal applanation tonometer head is used to check eye pressures.
- Polycarbonate sheets will be placed in welcome reception, and in the eyewear gallery.
- Staff will be washing hands at frequent intervals.
- If you are trying on eyeglasses, we will provide gloves and those frames will be placed in warm soapy water, air-dried and placed back on the boards.
- All incoming shipping boxes will remain untouched for 24 hrs.
- For our established patients, we are extending our contact lens prescriptions for 90 days and will ship your additional supply to your home with NO shipping charges (while supplies are available through major vendors). You may place an order online here:
You can also contact us by phone or text at (704) 821-5009 or email us at email@example.com. If you are contacting us to order contact lenses, please include your name, date of birth and that you need an additional supply of contacts. Feel free to contact us if you have any specific concerns or are unable to come to our physical office.
Additionally, the URL to have a teleconsult with our doctor is https://doxy.me/drkbhat.
As always, we greatly appreciate your support. Thank you for trusting Union Family Eye with your eye care! We hope that you all remain safe and healthy during these times. If there is anything we can do, please reach out. We are doing all that we can to serve our patients in all capacity.
Your Friendly Team @ Union Family Eye